No-bake Peanut Butter and Chocolate Granola Bars
Posted February 5, 2015 by Bethanie Lunn
I don’t know about you but I’m constantly looking for new meal and snack ideas for my child and, as he approaches the fussy eater stage of a typical 22 month old, finding something he’ll enjoy and finish is more important than ever.
|Served on a yummy platter for friends|
Ingredients (approx 12-16 bars)
Method (approx 15 mins start to finish)
- Use grease-proof paper to line a rectangle baking dish
- In a very large saucepan, add the butter, honey, brown sugar and peanut butter and melt together over a low-medium heat
- Stir occasionally with a large spoon until it begins to gently bubble
- Once bubbling, cook for 1 minute but keep stirring it so it doesn’t stick and stays runny
- Remove from heat, wait for the bubbling to stop and stir in the vanilla followed by the oats and Rice Krispies.
- Stir until well until the oats and Krispies are fully coated then pour into the baking dish on top of the paper (a non stick dish works well on its own too)
- Press the mixture evenly into the dish so it;s even and tuck in the edges to make it as square and even as possible
8. Sprinkle on your chocolate chips / bashings over the top and gently press into the mix with your hands so they are slightly embedded