My top 5 Tips to look your best at weddings while you’re pregnant with SecretSaviours.com
Posted August 20, 2017 by Bethanie Lunn
Earlier this year, I teamed up with the award-winning stretch mark prevention system for pregnant women, Secret Saviours to produce five maternity style videos.
I know plenty about dressing a baby bump, having had two pregnancies myself and years of experience as a personal shopper to pregnant and post natal women.
Secret Saviours share my philosophy that you should continue to dress like you throughout your pregnancy and stay true to your style. However, it’s just more challenging when you have an ever-changing body shape and growing bump isn’t it!
So, the five videos are packed full of style tips for key moments in your life. From wedding outfits to fitness wear, the outfit ideas allow you to take control of your look and your style.
I’m releasing a new video every Monday and Thursday at 2pm starting now. Check out the first one – packed with tips on how to stay stylish at weddings and parties, here or hit play below and read on for a summary of the best bits…
My top 5 Tips to look your best at weddings while you’re pregnant
- Choose the right fabric. You need to choose something fabulous because, despite the Bride being the true centre of attention, when you’re pregnant at a social event, it seems you are too! But your outfit also needs to be comfortable. Choose a close-fitting fabric that flatters you but also stretches for all that wedding cake consumption. Jersey or cotton are ideal, there are lots of designs at ASOS Maternity.
- Add personality with accessories. A statement necklace, chandelier earrings or a hat can put your own spin on your look and are all affordable ways to introduce trends. Plus you can wear them post pregnancy too, giving you more bang for your buck.
- Don’t say no-no to the kimono. Pull together your outfit with a kimono – it is an easy-to-wear throw that isn’t too structured so you’ll be able to wear it at every stage of your pregnancy.
- If you want a little heel height, choose block heels. The wider, lower heel distributes your weight more evenly, avoiding too much pressure on the balls of your feet for an overall more comfortable feel.
- Carry foldable flat pumps in your bag. They take up little space and are a must to change into come the evening or whenever you feel the need. You’re carrying precious but heavy cargo so be sure to give your feet a break when you can, in some cosy flats. There are plenty of designs out there that allow you to be stylish and comfortable. I love Butterfly Twists.
Get your Award-winning Stretch Mark Prevention System for Less
Secret Saviours are committed to saving women from getting stretch marks in pregnancy. They can prevent 82% of women getting stretch marks with their innovative new wearable tech (a stretch mark prevention band, covered with pads to stop the skin stretching and tearing). They’re all about empowering women to take control of their bodies – to help you be the best you.
You can get your hands on the kit for yourself with a generous 20% off online now*
*Please head to www.secretsaviours.com to find out more.
Disclosure: This is not an ad, it is a collaboration between myself and Secret Saviours, a brand I have used with great effect and truly believe in.