Maternity Outfit Ideas for Work & Everyday
Posted September 4, 2017 by Bethanie Lunn
As part of my maternity fashion video sries with Secret Saviours, the award-winning stretch mark prevention system for pregnant women, my final video focuses on maternity outfits for work, and how to look like you, look professional but also feel comfortable and cool. I also look at outfit ideas for every day since, when you’re pregnant (and even when you’re not), daily inspiration is always needed, and pulling looks together is the biggest request my clients ask of me as a Stylist.
Comfort is always key when you’re pregnant but if your workplace has a more formal dress code, this can be tricky.
Invest in a few key pieces and mix and match them throughout your pregnancy. A pencil skirt or tube skirt can be worn with a maternity shirt or your favourite regular t-shirt, knotted above the bump.
Maternity leggings and jeans are key staples for every day and both can be turned into chic work wear with tailored tops. If the jeans are under the bump, wear your SS band for extra support and as an under layer for tops so you don’t feel exposed.
Tailored maternity shorts look great with a button throughout shirt and brogues for the summer, while day dresses can be dressed up or down year-round. I lived in dresses for both of my pregnancies since they are cool, non-restrictive and versatile.
Turn a casual dress into work attire by pairing it with a blazer and kick-ass pointed flats or Chelsea boots. Wear it as an every-day staple and bring it up to date with pin badges, a statement necklace or a bomber jacket.
Accessories and footwear are an easy way to update your wardrobe without breaking the bank, plus you can continue to wear them post pregnancy!
My key staples are:
- A pair of statement trainers to stand out and pull in the compliments (it’s always nice to get an ego boost). I love New Look and Boohoo.com
- Hats – great for adding instant cool and disguising bad hair days! ASOS and River Island always have great hats
- A statement necklace to dress up any outfit, try Miss Selfridge for some cool choices
- A luxurious handbag that fits in all your essentials – don’t be shy on the budget with this, a good handbag will last forever. I love independent label, Bell&Fox
- Interesting socks – now I know this sounds crazy but people notice the little details, your poor tootsies need luxury and a flash of colour and personality from beneath your jeans will complete your look. TOPSHOP have mastered the quirky socks vibe.
This is one of five maternity style videos, you can watch all the short style films >here<.
Get your Award-winning Stretch Mark Prevention System for Less
Secret Saviours are committed to saving women from getting stretch marks in pregnancy. They can prevent 82% of women getting stretch marks with their innovative new wearable tech (a stretch mark prevention band, covered with pads to stop the skin stretching and tearing). They’re all about empowering women to take control of their bodies – to help you be the best you.
You can get your hands on the kit for yourself with a generous 20% off online now. Please head to www.secretsaviours.com to find out more.
Disclosure: This is not an ad, it is a collaboration between myself and Secret Saviours, a brand I have used with great effect and truly believe in.