Food, More Inspiration, Popular
Jam Jar Pasta Salad (Kids Love Getting Involved)
Posted May 9, 2015 by Bethanie Lunn
This recipe is incredibly easy. The idea is that you help your children fill reused jam jars with a bunch of veg, meat, fish – whatever you like. It makes for portable, easily-storable lunches and the process is fun – making even fussy eaters game.
Because if the novelty of it, giving my son access to several bowls of food, all in bright colours and different textures, he ate things he wouldn’t normally. He tucked into the tomatoes and meat and piled up the veg in the jar (and ate it)!
Most of the time goes into the prep but in total, you’ll spend no more than 20 minutes on it and they’re fantastic for sticking in your bag for on-the-go lunch. I eat them too.
- Cooked pasta in pesto sauce (or any sauce you wish)
- Salami slices
- Peas – defrosted
- Black olives – halved
- Handful of spinach leaves
- Cherry tomatoes – halved
- Grated cheese
You can of course choose whatever ingredients you like.
- Cook the pasta according to instructions, drain and coat in your chosen sauce, add to a bowl
- Prepare all the other ingredients and add to bowls, so your children can pick and choose
- Put a little pasta at the bottom of each jam jar and let the kids pile up the meat and veg
I’d love to hear how you get on. Tweet me using #fastliving @BethanieLunn with your pictures or comment below. x